Wednesday 15 June 2016

Recapping the run

Hey guys,

Never actually went over the run and did a proper evaluation.

Looking back now, I believe I actually traveled about 360kms when I expected to do just over 400kms. For someone who had never done anything quite like it, I was happy.

Financially we raised a couple thousand dollars, supporting the Georgetown Hospital's massive capital campaign, but more importantly we engaged over thirty youth between prep for the run and doing our first annual Talent Bash in Acton.

In hindsight, I'm amazed that I was able to pull it off. I've never been a very organized person and sometimes my communication skills could've been better. I've seen other people around the age I was then pull off other events - usually not quite as ambitious and typically better supported. I'm proud of my persistence and the believe those who helped had in me.

Inspire Halton continues to operate, but we use our own domain now. If you'd like to check it out, it's www.inspirehalton.ca We also have Twitter, Facebook, Google +, Linkedin and Instagram.

We now help other youth carry out their own projects in the hope it will build them as people and develop our community. We've come some ways since the run.

We're friendly and would love to see you out at some point. In case you have questions about the run or anything, feel free to ask for me. It's Alex. And I always love a good conversation.

Take it easy and hope to see you out at some point.

Alex Hilson, June 15 2016
Older and wiser :)

No comments:

Post a Comment