Wednesday 22 May 2013

Biking Blind



Wednesday May 22, 2013

More biking. Back to CTK. It was their community fair which was interesting, seeing other co-patriots in the community. I ate lunch with most of the same people who put on the Improvathon last Thursday. Biking back wasn’t bad.
            But I’m still behind. I went out and did my second trip later on. I left at 7 pm, giving me just enough time to do it before dark. The bike, surprisingly, was squeking up a storm. It wasn’t seizing up as much, but man did it sound like it was. I thought I was going to crash once or twice.
            I got into Georgetown about 8 pm (an hour trip one way, which is great time). But it was already getting dark. No time to lose.
            Just when I thought I’d be fine and make it, maybe five kilometres from home, clouds blocked out most of the last light. I really pushed it to get back on time. Man, it was close. Like biking blind.
            Only two more days and one trip to catch up on before I can take a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment