Monday 13 May 2013

Inspire Halton: Day 3, Monday May 13th

What a beautiful change! Michaela, an Inspiree, took the picture of me at Acton High before I left. Nice weather, great day for a run. A GDHS couple took my photo outside of CTK. Running back wasn’t too hard. Wonderful.

But then I made up yesterday’s kilometres. On a bike. I learnt how to ride a bike nine months ago so I’m still a bit shaky. I actually think I could’ve run it easier than I could’ve biked it, even after running the full thirty kilometres before hand. And that says something.

I made CTK alright. A bit exhausted. But it’s all down hill from Acton to Georgetown, and it’s all uphill for the return journey. Coming back, holy cow… and going through Limehouse didn’t help. My legs and hands were shaking so much from fatigue I nearly capsized. I was riding at a walking pace back in Acton. It was brutal.

But, on the plus side, that’s probably the most kilometres per amount of time I’ve ever done: 60 km’s in 7 hours, including breaks. It worked out well, but I don’t plan on doing it again during the event.

TOTAL KILOMETRES: 90
Day 2
Day 1

No comments:

Post a Comment