Saturday 11 May 2013

Inspire Halton: Day 1, Saturday May 11th



A bit chillier than I thought it’d be. It took me a little while taking a picture of my foot to signify “the first step”. I was a bit sore at first but I loosened up after a bit. It was a nice day. I passed a fella walking on the side of seven. We got talking. Interesting chap. Had the whole, “went out west and made a fortune story”. We exchanged contact info. He’s the first fella to run with me in Inspire Halton. He kept making fun of me for being afraid of bears because he was from Northern Ontario and said they were harmless. Great guy. Then, I stopped by the Blue Fins’, a local swim team’s, charity event at CTK. They took a picture of me and wished me luck. A very nice lady also gave me a batch of cookies she made. Surprisingly, they still looked good after running 15km with them in hand. My legs are a bit stiff but things went well. Great start.

TOTAL KILOMETRES: 30

No comments:

Post a Comment