Thursday 23 May 2013

It's Worse than You Thought



Thursday May 23rd 2013
Should get two rides in today. Head out later after dealing with some calls. More biking. I’d greased it up again because I was worried I hadn’t done a good enough job the day before. My worst fears seemed confirmed when I felt tired just starting out down the highway but things really eased up heading south. I then went onto 17th. The wind was pretty tough so I got off for a bit. Another fella was biking by and asked whether I was alright. Gotta love the people in this town. I said I was and he continued on unabashed. Goes to show you how much more fit some people are than I. Makes you feel humble.
            Eventually I continue going. Make it to Georgetown alright and, coincidentally, walk into an Inspiree who happened to be out. She took my picture and I headed back. The weather was beautiful. I thought I had it easy.
            Wrong. Really, damn wrong. When I started driving north I realized why it was so easy coming south. The wind was blowing me the whole way. And now it was repulsing me. A seed on the breeze. And I felt like it. It’s surprising I wasn’t blown into a ditch. And my muscles, like an fly trying to stop its swatter. It’s surprising I didn’t end up crawling back home. So tired and in so much pain.
            No second ride today. I’m going to sleep.
            For a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment