Tuesday 28 May 2013

Holding a Lightning Conductor in a Storm



Tuesday, May 28th 2013
We all have days when we feel like we’ve really rubbed our faces in it. Today was mine.
            I biked to Georgetown through mist. It wasn’t terrible, but it wasn’t safe either. Still, made CTK alright where I talked with their V.P.
            I stayed in Georgetown to help with Links2Kids afterschool program. It was only at the end of my stay I realized my problem.
           It was raining. Badly.
           I headed out, hoping for the best. I hadn’t gone a kilometre when I heard it.
           Thunder.
           Riding a bike in a lightning storm. Great.
           It really was tough. It was hard to see with the rain blowing in my face. I was soaked from the downpour and the puddles I inevitably went through. Brutal.

            Ironically, when I got back to Acton it was sunny and relatively dry. Apparently it’d stopped raining some time before.
            I suppose it shows even the most dour beginnings can lead to successful ends. For my part, I was glad I was alive.
            Just another ride in Inspire Halton.

No comments:

Post a Comment