Wednesday 15 May 2013

If You Really Want It...



Wednesday, May 15th

I started out running today like a rusted up 1907 Model T that’d been stored in a freezer chamber for fifty years. And that’s not good, in case you’re wondering. But I warmed up… so much I had to put my fleece over shirt around my waist. That’s the first time I’ve just worn a t-shirt in Inspire Halton. Once I arrived at CTK, things went well. Jennifer, Peggy (members of the Georgetown Hospital Foundation) and Harvey the Iguana showed up. It was fantastic seeing people’s faces while the hospital’s giant, green mascot shocked them. I can’t figure the people who forcefully ignored him as they tried to run away in fear of their lives.
            Running back started out fabulously. I dropped into GDHS, got my picture taken with some Inspirees and ran out into the middle of one of the busiest roads in town to rescue a recycling box. But, though the weather was beautiful, things got tough. The wind was so vicious it felt like a hand was pressing me back, like it was telling me, “if you really want to finish this run, you’re gonna have to earn it”. I did. Man, I was tired getting back. Still, more people called me out and recognised me running today than any other. Hard but worthwhile.

No comments:

Post a Comment