Thursday 16 May 2013

Friends Will Come to Your Aid



Thursday, May 16th

Kaitlyn, another Inspiree, helped run with me today. It was beautiful and sunny like yesterday. She bought me a water bottle much earlier than I would’ve picked one up which was great because I go the whole distance between Acton High and CTK without one which leaves me a bit dehydrated. We stopped in at CTK, toured the theatre and helped promote the Improvothon, which was today. 90% of the proceeds (or so) were going to Inspire Halton. Kaitlyn and I (but mainly Kaitlyn) hit up the caf and started giving out posters. Later, we took a picture with CTK’s Improv team. Kaitlyn had to get home early so she left before hand, but I stayed to speak at the Improv team’s pre-show. But there was a problem. I had hours to burn before the next show. Might as well run home, I thought. And though the run itself went well, I got home at 6:30 when I needed to  be at CTK at 6. Furthermore, I’d missed the bus I intended to take back. Thank God for Mothers.
The later show was completely fantastic. It was a blast being involved. What a fantastic group of young people. I can’t wait to be involved with CTK again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment